Monday 5 January 2015

Ashdown Academy

Monday 5 January 2015

A sum-up of the past three months!


I spent the past three months studying event management and marketing with Ashdown Academy. I can honestly say that I have never enjoyed myself more. Apart from making some great friends, I've also had the opportunity to visit venues I wouldn't have otherwise and to have a part in putting on my very own event.

Seeing as we've now hit 2015 and my time with Ashdown has come to a close, I thought i'd take this opportunity to reflect on my favourite parts - i'll talk more about the event we put on in a later post.

Firstly, this would be the site visits - here are my favourites and why:

One of the best visits was to the Ice Bar in London. I've never been to one before so I hadn't really anticipated for how cold it would be, I also didn't really have any idea of what it would look like. The current theme is frozen food.

Obligatory cape selfie!

A giant frozen cupcake!

The ice bar itself!


Me inside a giant pineapple!


The restaurant

I also really enjoyed my visit to Gilgamesh in Camden. We were luck enough to sneak some free canapés, which were delicious! Here are a few pics of Gilgamesh:




We also visited EGG - I've been there on a night out, so it was very different seeing it during the day!

The giant disco ball!




Finally, my favourite site visit was to the Excel - it was a major hassle to get to, so I definitely would not visit often, but I'm very glad I went. It's probably one of the largest, most confusing places i've ever visited - having got lost as soon as we were set free without a guide! We got to see the Lego exhibition and the set up for Britain's Got Talent!

Royal Victoria Dock

Lego Nemo

Lego Royalty!!

Lego Royalty

Britain's Got Talent set-up

Overall, I had an amazing three months and would definitely do it all again!!

My Class

No comments:

Post a Comment

LHD © 2014