Thursday 8 January 2015

Mango salsa and crispy tofu chicory scoops with peanut sauce

Thursday 8 January 2015


These are great as snacks or sharers (I didn't share)




Here's what you'll need:

  • 3 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
  • 3-4 tablespoons of cornflour
  • 1/2 lime (juice)
  • Tofu (1/4 pack)
  • Chicory 
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
  • 2 tablespoons of honey
  • 3 heaped tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
  • 1/2 a red bell pepper
  • 1/2 a red chilli
  • 1 handful of peanuts
  • 1 Mango (I bought mine pre-chopped)
  • 2 spring onions
  • Salt


I started by draining the tofu. Once drained I cut into small chunks and added a dash of soy sauce and left.



I then moved on to the mango salsa, chopping the mango, pepper, chilli and spring onion and placing aside. I also added a dash of salt.

I then moved on to the peanut sauce. I crushed two garlic cloves and squeezed half a lime and put into an empty jar. I then put 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar, sesame oil, honey and soy sauce into the jar. Finally, I put in 3 large tablespoons of smooth peanut butter (you can put more or less in but I found this amount made a really good consistency)



Then I moved back to the tofu. I drained off the excess soy sauce and added 3 tablespoons of corn flour. I then fried the tofu for about 5 minutes and dry fried some peanuts and put the scoops together.






Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LHD © 2014